Hi! I’m a writer in the Washington, DC area. I’m also a Christian, husband, and dad who enjoys books and hiking—and also good beer. I hold a master’s degree in technical communication and rhetoric.
At my day job I document software products that help people save energy. In my spare time I read books and work on various fiction and non-fiction writing projects. My areas of interest include writing, literature (mostly fantasy, sci-fi, and classics), history, rhetoric, technology, theology, games, and current events. I’ve written on these things in the past. I started this blog so I could keep writing about them.
Want to say hi? Leave a comment or drop me a line.
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Lord of the Rings
- Harry Potter
- The Wind in the Willows
- Watership Down
- Crime and Punishment
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Pride and Prejudice
- A Song of Ice and Fire
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
- Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church
- Mere Christianity
- The Rhetorical Tradition: Readings from Classical Times to the Present
- How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds
- The Tech-Wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace
- A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century
- On Writing